Padi Open Water Course
- Students will begin with knowledge development, online, independent study or in a classroom setting with the PADI Open Water Diver Manual. Students will complete a variety of exercises, and chapter quizzes to facilitate learning. Students will also watch an informative PADI Open Water Diver Video.
- Notice: All educational material is in English.
- The content and exercises in the book will be examined and discussed together. There will also be an interactive basic dive gear demonstration where students can demonstrate learning.
- Informative videos will be shown to facilitate discussion of diving safety.
- The course will be wrapped up with a written and multiple-choice final exam.
- Exam may be written in English or Icelandic.
Immersion in swimming pool, practical exercises
- We will perform all the most important basic exercises in diving. First basic skills will be discussed then demonstrated by the instructor underwater and students will then practice skills supervised by the instructor.
- Each one of us will wear all the required diving gear
- Dry Suits will be worn in the pool.
- Everybody uses the same diving gear used at the pool. We will do about 4-5 dives in the sea, where we will repeat all the practical exercises performed in the pool.
- At the end we will do a fun dive to look at the marine life and the nature features that is unique to this area of Iceland!
What is included in the course
- All educational material from PADI (course books and online modules)
- All the necessary diving gear for the course (bring your own woolly socks!)
- Internationally recognized PADI diving certificate
Fee: 120.000.- ISK
- The course fee can´t be refunded in the case a student cancels his/her participation before the course´s end.